Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chapters 20 - 30: Found and Lost

Seriously? Jordan certainly can keep up the pressure. And he does love his near-misses and chance encounters, especially when it's too late or just in time. What was once a hunt concluded must become a hunt resumed, but now the hunters are all together again. I do love the way the characters have a way of wandering out of frame, only to meet at the most unexpected time and place again. Almost as if there's some great Pattern at work.

New characters are one thing, but an entirely new culture? Meet an entirely new society in Chapter 29: Seanchan (I have to say, pronunciation has always been a bit rough for me -- it used to be sea-an-chan, instead of shawn-chan, the official pronunciation -- and I still sometimes prefer my own take, instead of RJ's way of saying it). Chapter 26: Discord for a little more prophecy, with just a hint of foreboding thrown in.

Update: I'm thinking it's lost. The Dragon Reborn, that is. A few more futile searches, and I'll have to resort to a new copy, as loathe as I am to purchase something I already own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where are you today? Walking on the slopes of Dragonmount? Fishing in the Aryth Ocean? Feel free to comment!